Monday, January 31, 2011

MLK III Considers Buying Part Of Mets Team


Martin Luther King III has confirmed his involvement in discussions to purchase a part of the New York Mets.


Major league baseball has no African-American owners.

Here's what he said -

“I believe in the merit and American value of creating an example,”  “and if I personally, or as part of a collective, can advance the vision of a more diverse ownership group in professional sports, domestically or internationally, then, like my father, I am prepared to act in that spirit.”


 “There has been a lot of discussion and speculation about my participation in the acquisition of the New York Mets. The public release of those discussions was premature.”



Wow!!!  I didn't know that MLK III had that kind of money!  But I do think it would be great for Baseball!



No comments:

Post a Comment