Friday, August 12, 2011

Affion Crockett Gives 5 Reasons To Watch “In The Flow”





"In The Flow" a new sketch comedy show, which is executive produced by Jamie Foxx premieres this Sunday August 13th on Fox and Affion came gives five reasons that we all should tune in.




1) The Comedic Family Tree

“In The Flow is the nephew to “In Living Color.” I’ve studied the Wayans’, I’ve worked with them. They’ve given me the stamp on my back to say that I’m the next generation of sketch comedy. I wear that proudly. If you saw me on Wildin’ Out with Nick Cannon it’s that same Hip-Hop based energy that’s appealing to everybody. I come out live in front of the audience and do a sketch, then do the pre-tape stuff where I transform into all of these people. It’s crazy.“



2) Only Black show on Network TV


“This is the only Black show on network TV. It’s a sad statistic but I take on the responsibility with full confidence. If that’s where God wanted me to be at this time to break doors back down to come back to network TV I feel no pressure at all because I know I can make people laugh. We crafted this show to make people laugh. I’m ready. Bring it on.”



3) No Disrespect

“Drake, Jay-Z and Russell love the impressions I do [of them]. 99% of the time the response is positive. I try not to be disrespectful. I keep it funny but respectful.”



4) Nothing Forced

“I latch on to either how popular the person is at the moment, how relevant they are to pop culture, and if I can nail the impression. If I can’t nail an impression I won’t do it.”



5) Comedy In The Raw

“There were some compromises throughout the taping but 90% of this show is just me going in. Where else are you going to find that raw comedy on TV? Even SNL, as great as they can be at times, they’re reading off of cue cards. It’s not spontaneous. They don’t give themselves room to be spontaneous. I’m a fan of SNL, but this is my moment to show my brand of comedy. That’s why it’s called “In The Flow.” It’s freestyle, it’s comedy in the moment. We definitely have some structure and scripts but for the most part you just gonna see me wile’ out.”



I cannot wait to watch this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment